Barry Craig |
Jun Mantrano |
1. What are some of your favorite bands/ albums/ influences?
Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind, Ozzy Osbourne (RR), Porcupine Tree (and Steven Wilson), Queen, Pink Floyd, Muse, Rush, Marillion, Spock's Beard, Yes,
Genesis, Kansas, 3, The Police (and Sting), Dixie Dregs (and Steve Morse Band), The Beatles, and many more.
Albums: Too much to list.
Influences: Randy Rhoads, John Petrucci, Marco Sfogli.
2. What is different about Obol? Why do it? What is the point?
Obol has a distinctive sound, the music sets apart from other (prog) bands. The goal is to conquer the world.
3. Barry says "prog" a lot. Does that word mean anything?
Prog is short for progressive. Progressive music to me is a series of changes in time signature (odd), artistic, complex, sophisticated,
and most of all it is away from the mainstream music.
4. What is your impression of your band mates? Nuts?
I haven't been in the band long enough to give you my impression lol. So far, it has been a pleasant experience to meet (and jam) with these young lads.
5. Are you a good guitarist?
Skill level = Asian.
6. Do you like your equipment? What gear do you use?
Yes, I do. If I tell you I'd have to kill you.
7. What keeps you busy outside of music?
Work! I love my job is the work I hate...
8. What do you love/want?
Moonlit walks on the beach, horseback riding, and eating fried rice.
9. What pisses you off?
Pickles and mustard on my burger... or on anything.
10. If the meteor hits tomorrow, and we’re all devoured by water monkeys, what do you want people to remember about you?
JUN: The Man, The Myth, The Legend.